- Institution: Kenyatta University
- Department: Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Location: Nairobi (Kenya)
- Website: http://engineering.ku.ac.ke/
- Contact person: Dr. June Madete
The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering was established in January 2010 under the School of Engineering and Technology in a bid to train more manpower in Computer & Software Engineering. Computer has become a primary tool in all professional fields. Needless to say that computers have made it possible to execute tasks efficiently and much more faster than earlier experienced. It is therefore with the aforesaid in mind that the department endeavors develop skills and manpower in Electrical & Electronics Engineering by producing competent Electrical & Electronics Engineering graduates who are locally and internationally recognized. This is in line with the realization of the government vision of 2030 and the millennium development goals.
The vision of Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering is to develop manpower in the fields of, Electrical & Electronics Engineering by providing excellent training teaching and research at both undergraduate and post graduate level, thus contributing to the development of the country’s Electrical & Electronics sectors.
The objectives of the Department are to:
- Promote high standards in training, teaching, research and scholarship.
- Provide manpower needs for Kenya and other countries by offering Universities Education and training areas in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- To provide Professional skills in research, design and development of technologies in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering both at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels.
- To produce engineers who are professionally recognized in their areas of specialization.