- Institution: Kyambogo University
- Email: okuonzijohnie (at) yahoo.com
Brief track record
Eng. Dr(s). Okuonzi John, the programme coordinator who successfully coordinated all activities pertaining to the running of the biomedical engineering programme. Currently a Lecturer at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Kyambogo University, and Coordinator of the Biomedical Engineering Programme. Okuonzi completed a Phd in Information Technology majoring in m-health and has is also a PhD candidate in Biomedical Engineering, started in Ghent University and sandwich with Institut Superieur de Technologies in Burkina Faso. He has:
- Good knowledge of Educational Management and Capacity Building.
- Good skills on PC, Soft & Hardware Systems, Network Designing and Management, Web-Design, Database Management Systems and Programming for Education.
- Experience in Educational Project Management, Curriculum Development and Management of Engineering Programs
- Experience in Instructional Design and E-learning Environments like Blackboard and Moodle using Multimedia and Hypermedia Educational applications software.
- Experience in Electromechanical/Biomedical Engineering Systems Design, Fabrication and Production Methods, and Applications to Real Problems Solving.
He is initiator of two Biomedical programme at Kyambogo University and currently the lead researcher in the computerization process of Kyambogo University. Was intrumemental in coordinating the activities the Biomedical Engineering Summer school co-hosted by Kyambogo University and Makerere University held in Kampala in 2012. Developed the first ABEC website. Has initiated and coordinated collaborative links for building capacity in the field of biomedical engineering in Uganda, particularly in.
- Facilitating information exchange and creation of learning platforms;
- Facilitating and coordinating the Biomedical training of trainers;
- Mobilizing resources to expand Biomedical engineering training activities;
- the development of the Bachelors Programme to be started in August, 2016