- Institution: Makerere University
- Department: Department of Physiology, School of Biomedical Sciences, College of Health Sciences
- Location: Kampala (Uganda)
- Website: http://sbs.mak.ac.ug/
- Contact person: Dr Robert Ssekitoleko
The department of Medical Physiology is one of the oldest departments in the MakCHS. It teaches undergraduate students from the Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, Medicine, Radiography and Human Nutrition programs. At postgraduate level, the department services students MSc. Pharmacology, M Med: Surgery; Obstetrics and Gynecology; Orthopedics; Otolaryngology; Psychiatry and ENT. It houses Nuclear and electronic units, functioning laboratories plus a laboratory animal house which is well kept. Although the staff are knowledgeable to the physiology of the whole body, many have special interest in different systems where they are doing research.
The program of Biomedical Engineering is hosted in the Department of Physiology giving it ready access to the clinicians and medical researchers. The first cohort of students have just graduated in January 2016.