Welcome to the ABEC Design School 2021. The School will be held online from November 8th to November 12th. On this page, you can find all the information. Please consider that the page will be continuously updated.
Program at a glance
Keynote presentations by outstanding speakers are intended to highlight the role of the biomedical engineer from product design to the market and recent challenges in integrating artificial intelligence (AI) into biomedical devices with a special focus on Non Comunicable Deseases in low and middle income countries.
Lectures and Keynote speakers
- Dr. Edwin Khundi – Malawi University of Science and Technology
- Dr. Youssoufa Mohamadou – University of Ngaoundere
- Dr. Victor Konde
- Dr. Carmelo De Maria – University of Pisa
- Dr. June Madete – Kenyatta University
- Dr. Alfred Maluwa – Malawi University of Science and Technology
- Mr. Alinafe Kaliwo – Malawi University of Business and Applied Sciences
- Mr. Chindikani Mwenecho – University of Malawi, the Polytechnic
- Prof. Elizabeth Molyneux
- Dr. Lovemore Mkukuma
- Mr. George Banda
- Dr. Myamiko Nkoloma – University of Malawi, the Polytechnic
A maximum number of 100 participants will be admitted to the school. Priority will be given to students who participated in the ABEC Design Competition 2020
The summer school will be held online on Zoom. Participants will soon receive by email the link and information necessary to access the virtual room.
Life cycle of a medical device (Dr. Carmelo De Maria)
SDGs, tech and innovation (Dr. Victor Konde)
Design and manteinance of biomedical devices (Dr. Lovemore Mkukuma)
For further information, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.